I am getting closer to getting the revamp of the studio finished. I still have cabinets, countertops and the sink to make but that will be another little bit. I am far enough along that I can begin Milan Art Institute mastery course tomorrow. I finished up the moveable wall easel. I thought I might need more space for drying curing etc. It looks a bit wonky if one looks at it closely. The reason is the ceiling has scissor trusses and slants down. To make the moveable easel properly I would have needed to build a very short little stem wall that was level from where the easel moves up the ceiling. That way the wall moves level as it traverses from open to closed. If I end up keep it it up I may do that. I thought I would just get it put together as a proof of concept, then see if I actually use it. The fireplace behind it is abandoned, I really need to build some removable cabinets into that space, ugh. Another project for another time.
I also built in a little storage underneath my main easel by simply adding a floor with 1/2 particle board. As I move along I thought I would likely build a slide out for the trash and slide outs for a spray can rack. I still have most of the spray paint in the old studio which is now the wood shop. I will wait until I have used this particular set-up for a few months to see what changes need to be made. For now, I will just move things around to get more efficient.
Leave a Reply